[LISTEN TO THIS PLAYLIST HERE] Cover Art by zoinksz.
(01) SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW, Pentatonix. Now and then I think of when we were together, like when you said you felt so happy you could die… But you didn’t have to cut me off, make out like it never happened and that we were nothing. And I don’t even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough.
(02) THIS IS THE LAST TIME, The National. I wish everybody knew what’s so great about you. But your love is such a swamp, you don’t think before you jump. And I said I wouldn’t get sucked in… You’re the only thing I want and I said I wouldn’t cry about it. This is the last time.
(03) LET HER GO, Birdy. You only need the light when it’s burning low. Only miss the sun when it starts to snow. Only know you love her when you let her go. Only know you’ve been high when you’re feeling low. Only hate the road when you’re missing home. Only know you love her when you let her go. And you let her go.
(04) BACKWARDS WALK, Frightened Rabbit. I wish we’d never met, then met today… I’m working on erasing you, [but I] just don’t have the proper tools. I’ll get hammered, forget that you exist. There’s no way I’m forgetting this… There’s nowhere else for me to go except back to you just one last time. Say yes before I change my mind. You’re the shit and I’m knee-deep in it.
(05) DEMONS, Lianne Kaye.I wanna hide the truth, I wanna shelter you, but with the beast inside there’s nowhere we can hide… When you feel my heat, look into my eyes: it’s where my demons hide. Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside… Don’t wanna let you down, but I am hell bound. Though this is all for you, don’t wanna hide the truth.
(06) FLAWS, Bastille.You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve and I have always buried them deep beneath the ground. Dig them up, let’s finish what we’ve started. Dig them up, so nothing’s left unturned. All of your flaws and all of my flaws, when they have been exhumed, we’ll see that we need them to be who we are. Without them we’d be doomed.
(07) IN MY VEINS, Andrew Belle. Nothing goes as planned, everything will break. People say goodbye in their own special way… Oh, you’re in my veins, and I cannot get you out. You’re all I taste at night inside of my mouth. You run away ‘cause I am not what you found. Everything will change, nothing stays the same. Nobody is perfect, but everyone’s to blame.
(08) LULLABIES, Yuna. Like lullabies you are, forever in my mind. I see you in all the pieces in my life. Though you weren’t mine, you were my first love. I wanted to go away with you, and I will leave all my troubles here.I wanted to run away with you, and I will bring all my dreams and fears… I wanted to start again with you, and I will leave all my worries here. I wanted only you.
(09) LOVE LOST, The Temper Trap. Our love was lost, but now we’ve found it. Our love was lost and hope was gone… And if you flash your heart, I won’t deny it. I promise… I know it’s hard, but I can still hear it beating. So if you flash your heart, I won’t mistreat it. I promise.
For any Veronica Mars fans out there.